Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Principal Breeder - Cotton & Soy
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Breeder, are to:
- Lead the design, development, implementation and execution of technical strategy required for product design and development aligned with product concepts and portfolio needs to deliver genetic gain in the short and long term for multiple North America pipelines, including across crops;
- Lead key projects on implementation of precision breeding technical innovations in the product design and development of crop seed pipelines in North America;
- Integrate and lead multi-function teams across North America and partner across other world regions (LATAM, EMEA and APAC) to support innovation projects for precision breeding, with a key focus on driving genetic gain and product performance through digital transformation and new technology development and deployment;
- Support the health safety and environment, compliance, business conduct and human rights policies and culture in the site.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. degree in plant breeding, animal breeding, genetics, statistics, data science or other relevant agricultural science with at least six years of experience or Master of Science with at least 10 years of experience in breeding programs or applied data science projects;
- Project management experience;
- Experience in analysis of large biological data sets, quantitative genetics, statistical genetics, as well as coding experience in R, Python or similar software;
- Strong ability in building cross-functional partnerships and Influence others to drive results and innovation focused in solving business problems;
- Customer-centricity, with proven record of identifying customer needs, prioritizing resources and bring timely and sustainable solutions;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: North Carolina
Reference Code: 210411
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Professional