Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Principal Biotech Data Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Biotech Data Scientist, are to:
- Work with partners across the Biotech organization to turn data into critical information and knowledge for improved process understanding to facilitate data driven decisions making;
- Query large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources, clean and validate the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity for analysis;
- Perform advanced statistical analyses and data mining using state of the art methods, develops mathematical models to simulate biomanufacturing processes or cellular functions and behavior;
- Develop stories and visualizations to effectively communicate complex analysis’ in clear, precise and actionable manner and works with data engineering teams to industrialize respective data science products;
- Provide technical assessments based on statistics, data analysis and process knowledge, document findings and communicate to help partners understand and interpret results and recommendations;
- Lead cross-functional teams and trains junior data scientists;
- Use own and leverages others business domain knowledge to design and scope studies and data-analytics approaches and to determine appropriate statistics, algorithms, machine learning models, data sets and variables;
- Proactively utilizes statistics, data sets and data science best practices to identify business risks and opportunities;
- Identify, develop and implement new process data analysis technologies together with internal or external partners and cultivates respective network.
This role is open to applicants that require domestic application.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science with at least 10 years of relevant experience or M.S degree in Engineering or Science with at least six years of relevant experience or Ph.D. in Engineering or Science with at least four years of experience;
- Be able to independently develop and implement complex technical solutions and possesses strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and takes initiative;
- Be able to learn new technical topics and develop new technical skills quickly;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively communicate complex concepts and data insights through the right medium in English;
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, R, MATLAB and respective programming tools such as gitlab, Jupyter, KNIME, SIMCA;
- Strong background in fundamental, descriptive and inferential statistics and multivariate data analysis (MVDA) as well as experience with advanced analytical methods and techniques such as machine learning and takes delight in choosing the right statistical approaches and algorithms;
- Demonstrate application of quantitative analyses (for example mathematical modeling, statistics and/or numerical analysis) for the improvement of commercial biomanufacturing processes;
- Experience in leading lead cross-functional project teams as a subject matter expert in process data analysis and statistics and be able to lead respective commercial investigations and interact with respective regulatory authorities;
- Strong background and successfully demonstrate application of advanced analytical methods or AI in biotech space.
- Working knowledge of German language;
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire;
- Experience in AWS cloud environment:
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory initiatives in biotech / pharma;
- Extensive industry network.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 150281
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional