Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Principal Agronomy Lead - Kunia, Hawaii
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Agronomy Lead (Kunia, HI), are to:
- Be a strategic leader of the Hawaii Parent Seed Leadership Team, providing leadership and oversite of the agronomic operations of the Foundation and Pre-Foundation operations across Hawaii;
- Plan and execute the agronomic production strategy for seasonal crop protection, IPM, sampling, conservation, irrigation, fallow, fertilization, geospatial, tillage practices, etc. for Bayer seed production sites in Hawaii, a key component in ensuring plant health and sustainable farm practices;
- Analyze research and data to implement projects for Agronomic innovations across all farms, targeted at continuous improvement and sustainability of best practices;
- Create annual Agronomy Business Plan for communication/alignment with Business Leads with strategies and prioritized activities to achieve business objectives;
- Establish and execute effective communication and training strategies with Seed Dealers;
- Provide technical information for seed, trait and chemistry products and provide leadership, training, consultation and support to over 150 Operators, Agronomists and Managers combined that are responsible for reliable, high quality seed production;
- Communicate agronomic positioning and benefits of seed and trait products and the benefits and uses of crop protection products;
- Develop, demonstrate and communicate the features and benefits of Tailored Solutions;
- Plan and execute tactics to support identified business strategies and objectives and lead others in alignment;
- Forecast use, authorize purchase and monitor shipping/receiving of crop protection, plant nutrition related products and periodically audit inventory to ensure efficient and responsible utilization;
- Advise the business and make recommendations using analysis and interpretation of performance data and key performance indicators;
- Develop strong cross-functional, trusting relationships for effective change management;
- Be a key advisor and consultant to Business leads and key partners that manage external relations and local messaging regarding sustainable agronomic practices in an environment that challenges LTO;
- Establish an internal and external agronomic support network, driving engagement and collaboration between key stakeholders such as consultants, academics, influential leaders and community members to support maintaining LTO;
- Lead cultivating trust activities including site tours and community focused outreach events in collaboration with LTO partners;
- Model and coach best practices in safety with peers and co-workers to ensure safe and efficient operations during multi-season seed production;
Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
Domestic relocation assistance may be provided with this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master of Science in Agriculture/Life Science or related discipline with at least 10 years demonstrated high performing experience in row crop agriculture, agronomy, pest management or crop protection related work;
- Ability to strategically and independently solve problems, demonstrate initiative and lead change via process improvements;
- Experience with tools and practice of data science, including data capture, organization, analysis and interpretation, statistical theory and experimental design;
- Computer proficiencies to include Microsoft Office, ability to learn and master several web-based operational tools, statistical tools and data visualization;
- Capability to clearly present information, influence, or persuade others through oral or written communications and work with people to build high morale and group commitments to goals/objectives;
- Strong verbal and written communication to provide timely recommendations to cross-functional teams using different media;
- Capable of building trusting relationships and collaboration to positively influence key partners;
- Earned or can earn a Commercial Applicator License and Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification;
Valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.) and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 274443
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional