At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Precision Genomics Data Science Co-Op-Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide data science expertise and develops OR Simulation and/or MIP Optimization solutions to drive research lab process optimization by identifying new opportunities, expanding existing methods, providing insights, and building practical applications. Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists, IT, and engineering professionals across the organization.
This position is offered as either a 6-month co-op (Jan-June or June-Dec) or a summer internship (May-August).
The primary responsibilities of this role, Precision Genomics Data Science Co-Op-Intern, are to:
- Independently perform data analyses and apply statistics, computer programming, and OR modeling acumen to unsolved business goals;
- Drive research lab optimization by creating simulation and/or optimization models that enhance the efficiency of labs’ capacity planning and scheduling;
- Create and ensure adoption of OR models that drive Crop Science pipeline decisions;
- Integrate solutions into production IT system by partnering with engineering teams and end users to ensure scalability and adoption.
- Form partnerships with cross-functional teams in Bayer (Breeding, Product Supply, IT) to drive unified reporting and optimization of complex workflows that span functions and countries;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business;
- Provide technical contributions leveraging business acumen in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursue a M.S or Ph.D. in Operations Research, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, or another related quantitative discipline;
- Experience delivering analytics solutions to complex business problems;
- Theoretical and practical experience in deterministic optimization and algorithm development related to operations management is a requirement, including experience with commercial optimization software (ex. CPLEX or Gurobi) and/or commercial simulation software (eg. AnyLogic);
- Strong in programming, statistical packages, and database languages (ex. Java, R, Python, Scala, SQL and OPL);
- Demonstrate experience in optimizing demand, supply, and network flow challenges related to planning, scheduling, space utilization, and customer service levels;
- Demonstrate problem solving experience analyzing complex data using statistical and advanced analytical methods to deliver predictive and prescriptive insights;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence people at varying levels of responsibility;
- Candidates must demonstrate business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains and become conversant in the domain with business users.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Functional Area:||General Administration & Corporate Services||Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|
|Employment Type:||Internship||Position Grade:||M00|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #firstname.lastname@example.org|