At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Post Doctorate Scientist - Molecular & Cell Biology (Biotechnology Protein Science)
We are looking for a highly motivated, innovative and talented senior scientist to join the Technology Innovation Team at Bayer Crop Science (BCS). The Technology Innovation team mission is to drive innovations and develop disruptive solutions toward establishing state-of- the-art discovery workflows and delivering new Mode of Actions/modalities for Plant Biotechnology products. This role enables unique opportunities to work in cutting edge science within an industrial setting and be involved in developing a broad range of new technologies with transformational potential that can be directly deployed to industrial pipeline.
The position is located at the St. Louis, MO research site.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Post Doctorate Scientist - Molecular and Cell Biology (Biotechnology Protein Science), are to:
- Conduct research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Design and conduct proof of concept experiments in collaboration with internal or external partners in diverse fields such as molecular biology, protein engineering, gene editing, high throughput combinatorial screening, display technologies, synthetic biology and others;
- Scout for new opportunities and develop new applications and technologies that enable development of new traits and pipelineimprovements;
- Apply state-of-the-art know-how to solve complex problems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. (defended by 09/30/22) in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or similar field with an excellent track record of productivity, peer-reviewed publications, strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with high throughput screening, DNA library construction, and/or single cell or microfluidic technologies.
The employment type for this role is limited and has a duration not to exceed 24 or 36 months.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Sponsorship may be available for this role.
Position may be based in Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis area).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|