Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
PLANT ESTABLISHMENT LEAD
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Plant Establishment Lead, are to:
- Continuously evaluates and improves all practices and methods developed and/or deployed at the site for use by staff.
- Works with key stakeholder groups on the design and deployment of agronomic and process innovation launches that bring new technologies to manual processes such as electronic and digital data collection tools and automated equipment that create a step change in the related duties within the breeding program;
- As a member of the site extended leadership team give direction in establishing and maintaining a site culture dedicated to the highest level of Environmental Safety and Health (ESH), WPS, Regulatory and Quality performance;
- Responsible for monthly and annual Safety, Compliance, and Regulatory policies and programs at the site including assuring all employees meet site documentation and training standards and the development of new programs as regulations evolve and change.
- Will work with other functions and team members as a Project Leader as needed on regional projects that drive a step change in the way breeding research efforts are conducted with the use of automation, technology innovation, system advancements, and new tools are designed and deployed;
- Lead and maintain forecasting of the budget and keep spending on target to meet overall corporate and company financial targets and internal controls: including the spend and tracking of multimillion-dollar assets and capital projects;
- Drives operational improvements, metrics tracking and implementation of best practices at the site and coordinates with corporate team members to ensure consistent practices across the breeding facilities;
- Coordinate and lead activities within the surrounding community to ensure positive community relations and outreach efforts;
- Identify, assess, negotiate, and manage ongoing contractual relationships with external organizations that provide equipment, or services needed to maintain the early season/plant establishment program;
- Participate in the hiring, supervision, and onboarding of both temporary and full-time support staff;
- Conduct workforce planning for the site to identify contingent labor based on operational needs;
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, and performance management of employees.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS with degree in Operations Management, Life Sciences, Engineering, Data Science or related field;
3 years of demonstrated people leadership experience managing full time employees or managing a team of employees through project management experience
- Valid driver’s license;
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and analysis;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends during peak operational seasons;
- Demonstrated experience leading people and projects in a collaborative team based environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Arizona : Tucson|