Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Plant Engineer III
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Plant Engineer III, are to:
- Plan, coordinate and execute activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery;
- Estimate the production cost for products the facility makes;
- Implement cost saving methods;
- Advise vendors and management about product specifications and plant capabilities;
- Coordinate requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery;
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition;
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications;
- Collect and analyze equipment downtime information;
- Support Sr. Plant Engineer with production equipment uptime through preventive or predictive measures as well as small modifications and repairs;
- Establish, initiate and analyze preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration programs;
- Project management and detailed engineering of smaller projects (AFE, <$150,000), including planning, detailed design, procurement, construction management, quality, budget and optimization.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and at least four years industrial manufacturing experience OR Masters of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or related discipline and at least two years of industrial manufacturing experience;
- Effective communication, interpersonal, collaboration, project management, and relationship building skills;
- Good knowledge of engineering tools and skills (Recommended and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices);
- Good understanding of supporting processes associated with the operations and maintenance of a production plant;
- Willingness to travel as required (< 10%);
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Chemical process industry experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Kansas City|