Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Pipeline Data Analyst Breeding Tech
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Pipeline Data Analyst Breeding Technician, are to:
- Work on maximizing the use of available data to support the Vegetables research and development (R&D) business workflows;
- Analyze, Design and implement new and improved workflows for the logistics of material flowing through the pipelines;
- Form partnerships with cross functional teams in the company, including internal R&D, engineering and IT teams and managing the bidirectional flow of global-ready data and dashboards;
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline;
- Assess needs and recommends experiments and projects, suggests new algorithmic development, drive tactical decisions about approaches and needed data;
- Use advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions;
- Demonstrate full autonomy in developing relationships for effective cross-functional collaboration throughout multiple organizations and partner on work stream initiatives for Data Science Community;
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least eight years of experience or Master’s degree with at least six years of experience or Ph.D. with at least three years of experience;
- Strong knowledge of data analytics or operation research;
- Experience using SAS, familiarity with Oracle databases, coding in R, Python, SQL, MYSQL server, the use of Spotfire, Tableau, Pipeline Pilot, and proficient with version control for coding;
- Strong project management and organizational skills and proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills;
- Capability to perform in a fast-paced working environment and to direct and work on parallel tasks that may have competing priorities;
- Willingness and capability to anticipate, identify and address the needs of customers and stakeholders;
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, a proven track record of solving challenging and complex problems, as well as a strong commitment to achieving results;
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas, Machine Learning, Electrical/Industrial Engineering, Operation Research, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline;
- Strong proficiency in computational skills;
- Skilled at the intermediate level building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages;
- Ability to demonstrate advanced professional competencies in linear modeling, scientific modeling, and development and application of increased domain knowledge;
- proficiency in standard suite and/or modeling theories;
- Intermediate proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts;
- Extensive experience in successful delivery of valuable analysis through application of domain knowledge;
- Evidence of strong business acumen;
- Ability to manage a larger more diverse and complex project/program;
- Strong communication competencies to include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise and actionable manner to broad audiences and key stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Ability to work at the Chesterfield, MO work site however we will consider a remote working scenario for the right candidate.
- Familiarity with APIs.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 277141
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional