Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Pilot Plant Process Eng
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Pilot Plant Process Engineer, are to:
- Stay trained and knowledgeable on all processing equipment in the pilot plant;
- Ensure compliance with all policies of the plant in terms of safety, waste disposal and permits (USDA, EPA, DOL, OSHA, etc.);
- Support compliance with Global Stewardship and Corporate Quality Management Procedures;
- Document all changes within the safety and quality program using the appropriate MOC process;
- Develop and write test protocols, communicate and receive feedback from Stakeholders to ensure broad alignment of objectives.
- Work with the senior pilot plant engineer;
- Execute protocol, make and record observations, verify data and sample collection;
- Arrange for timely submission of samples for analytical work;
- Receive results;
- Be responsible for managing the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) process for the introduction of new chemicals in the pilot plant by coordinating and completing all tasks necessary to get approval of Stakeholders from multiple groups outside of SPI and NA Leadership;
- Analyze and interpret results of experimental work using advance statistical tools such as Minitab and Spot Fire;
- Prepare detailed reports for archiving and records;
- Compile results into summary format to present conclusions and recommendations to NA Leadership and technical teams for decision making;
- Participate in troubleshooting and independently develop solutions to issues related to seed treatment products, processes and equipment to enable successful implementation in full-scale production through robust pilot scale experimentation;
- Lead efforts to transfer knowledge and work closely with the manufacturing teams by participating in implementation in the manufacturing plants;
- Drive cooperation with other functions and network with other teams to develop and test possible solutions for NA;
- Work with other team members to identify process improvement and capability enhancement opportunities, get alignment and develop work plans;
- Represent Statistical Anlysis Systems (SAS) team as an expert in technical forums;
- Be able to run all lab testing equipment following SOP’s to generate quality data used for decision making.
Relocation assitance is availble.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s of Science or Master of Science in Engineering preferably Chemical Engineering;
- At least two years’ experience in chemical unit operations, common laboratory procedures and problem solving;
- Knowledge of statistical techniques;
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot equipment;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to assume ownership with commitment to finish;
- Results oriented even in face of challenges;
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time to other plant locations to seek/identify process improvement opportunities.
- Experience in operating large scale equipment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols.|
|Location:||United States : Iowa : Grinnell|