Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Packaging Operator - Production
Do you want to join an organization that helps the betterment of people’s lives?
Do you want to be part of delivering health to all? Then Bayer is the place for you.
Our vision is a noble one: health for all, hunger for none. The pandemic has further heightened awareness of self-care and nutrition. Help us deliver on our vision and create products that empower consumers to transform their everyday health.
- Top tier compensation and benefits
- Safety-first environment and extensive Covid-19 protocols
- Training and development opportunities
- Collaborative environment driven by teamwork
- We’re growing and investing in our Myerstown site
- We have a strong portfolio of leading consumer healthcare products (Bayer Aspirin, Aleve, Claritin, One A Day, Flintstones Vitamins, Phillips’ and more)
We have multiple openings for a Packaging Operator – Production to support our Nutritionals or Over the Counter Production operations during:
- 2nd shift (3 pm to 11:20 pm)
- 3rd shift (11 pm to 7:20 am)
Applicants should apply if interested in either 2nd shift, 3rd shift, or both.
Pay and Benefits for full-time employees:
- $23 (minimum) starting hourly rate
- $2,000 sign on bonus
- Shift Differential Pay
- Company bonus (5% of eligible earnings annually)
- Excellent benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription
- 401k plan with a company match (100% of the first 3% you contribute and 50% on the next 4% you contribute)
- Retirement Contribution of 5% of eligible earnings
- Generous vacation (3 weeks annually)
- Educational Assistance (up to $7,500 annually)
- 16 Paid Company Holidays
What you’ll do:
- Perform the daily setup and routine operation of the packaging line to maximize production.
- Demonstrate integrity and continuous improvement while inspecting packaging components, in-process items, and packaged drug products to assure compliance to quality standards;
- Palletize finished goods and operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment;
- Complete, maintain, and update production documentation, including both electronic and paper-based documentation.
- Perform material movements, material take-outs and yield diagnosis by following SOPs and utilizing automated inventory systems;
- Perform equipment setup and changeover activities to safely reduce equipment setup and changeover times;
- Comply with all workplace standards and safety procedures, including Lockout Tagout, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements (OSHA), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Company Guidelines;
- Take ownership of training and learning to develop high performance capabilities such as technical skills, communication skills, and skills to build a team-oriented culture;
- Demonstrate flexibility and autonomy to support daily production demands while supporting site wide strategic initiatives;
- Possess the ability to problem solve and actively participate and facilitate team discussions/meetings.
What you’ll bring to the team (required skills):
- HS diploma or GED with at least six months experience using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment and using an automated inventory system or other computer systems (i.e., SAP), or, Military experience or at least two years of experience in production, industrial/technical environment or, formal post-secondary education /technical training;
- Demonstrated basic mechanical aptitude through job experience or education;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good business-related PC Skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite);
- Demonstrated ability to work safely around equipment or machinery;
- Demonstrated ability to read/interpret/follow instructions in regard to workplace documentation, such as SOP’s, Operator Manuals, Work Instructions, etc.;
- Mathematical aptitude in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and metric system;
- Be willing to work overtime as required, based on production demands.
Preferred skills, but not mandatory:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully changeover/set up multiple pieces of packaging equipment and possess troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in a government regulated, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or standard operating procedures (SOP) environment.
Bayer is a Life Science company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the areas of health care and agriculture. With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time as we work toward our vision of health for all, hunger for none.
Our extensive product portfolio contains numerous globally renowned brands. At our Bayer Consumer Health Product Supply Center in Myerstown, we manufacture Bayer® Aspirin, Aleve®, One A Day®, Alka-Seltzer Plus®, Phillips’® Milk of Magnesia, Midol®, Flintstones™ Vitamins, and Claritin®.
We pride ourselves on operating as ONE TEAM, driven by our LIFE values: leadership, integrity, flexibility and efficiency.
At Bayer, we believe our differences drive innovative solutions. Building a culture of inclusion and a diverse workforce are essential to our success. Our unique experiences empower us to achieve our inclusive vision of Health for All, Hunger for None.
Check out what our employees have to say about working at Bayer. Search #mybayermoment on your social media platforms for personal posts from employees about their experiences.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 352781
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional