At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Operations Manager at the Filer, Idaho site, you will manage, direct and lead a team within a large Crop Science site for Bayer that is working on wheat. Areas of responsibility would include all or a subset of planting, growing, harvesting, drying, shelling, treating, packaging, and storing/distributing to ensure safe delivery of operational goals to support business objectives. Responsibilities will include maintaining greenhouse operations at full capacity to deliver wheat breeding pipeline.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operations Manager, are to:
- Embrace and demonstrate a safety-first culture at all times;
- Perform daily operations as directed by site leadership;
- Be accountable for safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation;
- Perform duties in a manner that supports overall site Key Metrics to include safety, quality, total individual volume performance, total overall volume performance, and cost efficiency. This role will focus on Greenhouse management practices for wheat. Monitor and manage efficient greenhouse operations, work to monitor the breeding pipelines and ensure the proper growing conditions are met, achieve rapid cycle deployment and maintain harmony between the lab operations and greenhouses;
- Embrace an environment that promotes the building of good working relationships within the site.
The Operations Manager reports to the Site Lead and assists with all facets of field and plant operations. The Operations Manager has leadership responsibility for the site seed technicians, temporary employees, contract employees, and is a member of a team that strives for safety. Product quality, and process optimization is expected and this person must achieve results through influencing others, personal proficiency and modeling company values. The Operations Manager participates as a member of the Site Leadership Team and will maintain a strong relationship with the team and other site and site support personnel to support operations at the site and resolve operational challenges. The successful candidate will need to be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 3 years of work-related experience in agriculture, supply chain, or manufacturing;
- Valid Driver’s License. To be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening;
- Ability to critically think about the business;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Availability to work extended hours, including occasional work on weekends and holidays.
- Degree in Agriculture, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business, or Engineering;
- Prior people management experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Idaho : Filer|