At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Nursery Design Coordinator
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Filer Idaho Nursery Design Coordinator will focus on master scheduling and planning production for the daily operations. They will focus on scheduling and designing efficient workflows across multiple operations at that site to coordinate successful breeding operations. This role will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge proprietary research equipment and superior genetic material to help deliver Bayer’s R&D pipelines.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Nursery Design Coordinator, are to:
- Develop long-term strategies and consistent application of best practices to ensure successful handoff of genetic materials across different pipeline stages and external partners;
- Work with the Site Leadership team in translating Long Range Plans into Site Level production plans. Provide advice in managing the site's capacities to meet production demand. Liaise with scientists and partners on matters related to pipeline plans, material quality, and logistics;
- Be accountable for product and data integrity, timeliness, and material throughput;
- Ensure consistency in the application of processes and best practices across the Line Development Breeding, Doubled Haploid, and Trait Introgression Pipelines;
- Develop and execute the annual operating plan to meet logistical objectives. Create opportunities for value-driven initiatives;
- Implement People & Performance Management practices to enable team and individual success. Coach, mentor and support the development of staff;
- Champion cross-functional initiatives and strategies with other sites;
- Foster empowered execution through goal alignment and employee engagement;
- Review team goals, KPIs, and strategy milestones, and recognize and celebrate internal wins.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least five years of relevant experience, OR Master of Science with at least two years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable of pulling, analyzing, and maintaining large data sets;
- Basic understanding and passion for emerging trends in agriculture;
- Expertise with standard MS office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with the ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Capable of utilizing multiple analytics platforms to articulate observations and areas in need of improvement;
- Experience with the seed technology industry or plant breeding.
- Experience as a master scheduler/production planner.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Idaho : Filer|