Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
New Technologies Implementation Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, New Technologies Implementation Lead, are to:
- Be a member of Innovation Team; Field, Lab, Plant;
- Work with developers to learn details of prototype design and functionality;
- Understand existing plant operations and determine how to best leverage new technologies to improve processes;
- Coordinate large scale validation studies of prototypes at seed production sites;
- Assist in the data collection and analysis for validation as necessary;
- Manage integration of technologies into production processes, acting as liaison between developers and process operators and management;
- Provide hands on engineering support and guidance to onsite technicians operating the equipment;
- Provide guidance to technology developers for alternative design approaches & overall design concepts;
- Coordinate with IT to develop data connection and retention strategies;
- Develop strategies with partners for supporting deployed technologies;
- Coordinate with other functions to develop Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and safety standards for safe operation of new technologies;
- Oversee the accumulation of project meta-data and documentation for internal support engineers;
- Support project proposals, cost estimates and financial justifications;
- Coordinate and provide training to technicians on how to operate machines at seed production sites;
- Provide hands on commercial machine build support.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree with at least five years in engineering or closely related technical field;
- A strong track record of validating, deploying, and implementing assets in a manufacturing environment;
- Proven key competencies in leadership, communication, and results orientation;
- Clear examples of teamwork across broad disciplines with varied levels of familiarity of automation and imaging applications;
- Strong “customer service” aptitude;
- Hands on experience providing engineering support and guidance to onsite production technicians operating the equipment;
- Clear examples of taking initiative, identifying new design approaches, & challenging assumptions;
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
Domestic relocation may be provided
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Creve Coeur
Reference Code: 232602
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional