Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
National Account Director GPO
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director National Accounts GPO, are to:
- Execute Customer Strategy and Business Development for National Group Purchasing Organizations;
- Deliver and maintain profitable access to national oncology and hospital group purchasing organizations;
- Drive optimal funding/investments of Bayer brands;
- Develop and ensure successful account management product launch strategies, access and uptake in key accounts;
- Lead identification and assessment of new and innovative business opportunities to drive profitable short and long term customer partnership and institutional sales;
- Develop deep enduring relationships with key national GPO executives and key decision makers;
- Think and act strategically through joint customer planning, performance reviews, challenging the customer and establishing value for Bayer with GPO customers;
- Internally collaborate, coordinate and align;
- Drive strategic insights into GPO contracting strategy, key market service initiatives and field activation plans;
- Lead account coordination with national director, internal contracting, channel marketing, brand access and pricing teams to pullthrough customer strategies to GPOs;
- Strategically plan and align with channel distribution team to ensure favorable positioning, market access and appropriate customer initiatives. Determine and align data requirements with Mckesson, Cardinal and Amerisource Bergen (parent organizations for national GPOs);
- Enable flow of field-based channel insights internally to enable better understanding of market dynamics and competitive trends that could impact profitable access;
- Manage Performance Management and Resource Allocation;
- Attract and maintain best-in-class account management resources, and drive the refinement of account manager competencies through internal developmental efforts;
- Negotiate contracts and administration fee structure to support our core brands and to ensure appropriate and compliant return of investments;
- Liaise with National Director Key Account Management to ensure optimal field activation for targeted sites;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts and knowledge share initiatives among account teams to emphasize and disseminate best practices;
- Uphold a Customer Focus;
- Understand the evolve landscape of GPOs and can position and leverage the Bayer product portfolio in a positive position;
- Consistently anticipate customer needs and provides services and solutions that are beyond expectations;
- Understand customer insights to drive and guide development of new offerings; maintain the ability to translate and integrate into Bayer strategic initiatives;
- Serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable long-lasting partnership;
- Drive and develop Senior Leadership meetings and relationships with Bayer and GPO key leaders;
- Support national GPO customers which contributes to Bayer’s $3.5B product portfolio;
- Develop long running relationships with hospital, oncology and urology GPOs;
- Create and drives innovative solutions through field teams;
- Drive Oncology Sales impact $800 MM+;
- Accountable to LIFE behaviors with both internal and external customers.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 12 years of related work experience in sales and / or account management in the pharmaceutical industry;
- At least five years of experience in a supervisory or leadership position.
- At least five years of managed markets experience with demonstrated success;
- At least three years of GPO experience;
- Experience executing market access strategies for National accounts, and exposure to contract development and negotiations for same.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 225281
Functional Area: Market Access
Entry Level : Professional