At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
NAFTO Data Science Co-op
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, NAFTO Data Science Co-op, are to:
- Conduct limited travel to field testing hubs/field trial locations to gain basic understanding of small plot research and associated machine data;
- Engage multiple stakeholders for access and analysis of data sets;
- Joining/merging multiple databases across our field equipment portfolio;
- Creation of a new visualizations and tools to optimize our field equipment portfolio;
- Determine and quantify data quality issues (ie amount of missing data);
- Provide recommendations to improve data quality and use cases.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university located in U.S. pursuing a Masters or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related discipline;
- Thorough knowledge of data mining, Application Programming Interface (API’s), and joining multiple data sets;
- Experience working with large, complex and incomplete data sets;
- Strong attention to detail;
Effective communication with multiple stake holders;
Results oriented with ability to work independently;
Basic knowledge of R, Python, Structured Query Language (SQL) or ability to learn/adapt to other programming languages specific to the job responsibilities.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $35. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
|Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.|
|Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.|
|Location:||United States : Residence Based : Residence Based|