Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
NA Business Consulting - Senior Consultant, 2021 Hire
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Consultant, are to:
- Support / guide internal management consulting projects of strategic importance to Bayer, its divisions (Crop Science (Agriculture), Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Health) and supporting functions worldwide;
- Support relevant practice area (Business Transformation; Product Supply; Marketing and Sales, and Performance Improvement) in deepening content knowledge and expertise;
- Lead sub-projects and complex work streams (i.e., scope, deliverables, stakeholders and associated timelines) including project management with multiple cross-functional sub-teams/work streams;
- Provide sole responsibility for management of smaller projects and representation of the respective Project Manager, in exceptional cases;
- Manage project organization with multiple sub teams, partly with other departments;
- Lead content of sub-projects/work streams including concept, procedure and recommendation, in coordination with Project Manager;
- Coach and guide junior team members within project environment;
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of project objectives;
- Support workshop design, preparation and facilitation in support of project objectives;
- Help in scientific assessments and evaluations;
- Provide strategy and operations management leadership to advance Business Consulting priorities.
Vacancy is for Whippany, NJ or St. Louis, Missouri location, relocation assistance and Visa sponsorship is available.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- M.B.A., Master’s or Ph.D./Doctorate, with at least two years of professional project experience (If applicant is still enrolled in a Masters/MBA program at the time of application, indication should be given regarding to expected graduation date such date must be within 12 months of application and prior to assumed start of employment at Bayer);
- Basic market and industry knowledge relevant to Bayer industries (i.e., Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health, and/or Crop Science/Agriculture);
- Demonstrated record of working independently and achieving measurable results; (managing workstream or major sub-tasks);
- Strong understanding of general business processes (i.e., accounting, finance, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, etc.);
- Leadership and influencing skills and experience;
- Be able to deal with senior client management in often complex situations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership and influencing skills;
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual and implementation skills;
- Takes initiative, is persuasive and has a strong team spirit;
- Proven experience in a highly client-driven environment, coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude to deliver effective, value-add solutions;
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as required;
- Driver's license valid for travel in the U.S.
- Experience inconsulting area.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 216364
Functional Area: General Management & Business Consulting
Entry Level : Professional