Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
NA Breeding Data Analyst Co-Op
In Bayer’s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, North America Breeding Data Analyst Co-Op, are to:
- Build a data migration (data retrieval, review, cleansing) process for Developmental cross nurseries and F1 harvest (XD) and Screening (SC) lines in yield trials across years;
- Map the XD and SC to pipeline structure;
- Execute Data load to digital pipeline systems;
- Develop pipeline metrics reports;
- Automate the pipeline metrics report generation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master of Science program in a STEM field;
- Strong programming skills in R or Python and some knowledge of SQL;
- Problem solving ability and experience in analyzing and presenting complex data;
- Organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently;
- Ability to actively engage with internal partners and external collaborators to align strategies and success measures in analytics;
- Able to work 40 hours per week starting in May or June of 2021 (six months-timeframe).
- Enrolled in a STEM field in Data Science, Software Engineering or Computer Science;
- Experience with cloud computing in AWS (Redshift, S3, etc.).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 223524
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Student