At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Market Development Representative III
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is a Residence-Based position in Southeast Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, or Maryland.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Market Development Representative III, are to:
- Collaboratively develops a knowledge exchange strategy to provide customers with timely insights to enhance their confidence in our products and integrated solutions for the business area;
- Develops, executes and continuously improves a strategic plan for their respective area, aligned with commercial objectives, that increases sales rep and dealer/ distributor effectiveness, grows customer engagement, and ultimately increases market share and profitability;
- Initiates relationships with area industry experts to strengthen product recommendations and provide solutions to our customers and business partners;
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with influencers & decision makers (internally and externally), being recognized as a reference throughout the agriculture and technology industry as providing solutions beyond advancements in genetic gain;
- Collaborates with MDR/R&D/Sales/Marketing to document area market insights that drive business decisions;
- Communicates with R&D/Sales/Marketing to evaluate and prioritize customer and business opportunities for area Integrated & Tailored Solutions, Knowledge Transfer and Demand Creation;
- Uses overall understanding of market potential, competition, key trends, research and emerging market trends to be an area industry expert;
- Actively works with internal partners (Sales, R&D & Marketing across geographies) to establish performance targets that improve product performance and competitiveness;
- Leverages and trains others on the use of digital tools and technologies to offer customer focused solutions and enhance dealers partners capabilities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors Degree;
- Experience in the agricultural industry (product development, agricultural consulting, agricultural production, research);
- Agronomic knowledge of vegetable crop production;
- Highly analytical with the ability to convert data into practical knowledge and solutions for growers;
- Demonstration of strong customer focus and sales orientation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment;
- Self-motivate and assertive with a results orientation;
- Willingness to travel extensively in the national or international market development territory, and occasional national or international
- Masters or PhD degree in Plant Sciences or Agribusiness (agronomy, plant pathology, weed sciences or closely-related discipline) with B.S. (7 yrs), M.S. (4 yrs) and PhD (3 yrs)
Relocation may be offer for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Delaware : Residence Based || United States : Maryland : Residence Based || United States : New Jersey : Residence Based || United States : Pennsylvania : Residence Based|