Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Manager Employee Labor Relations
This position will directly support the Director of Employee & Labor Relations in performing various activities that support positive employee and labor relations and to ensure effective policy management.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Manager Employee Labor Relations, are to:
- Employee Relations to Facilitate the US HR Policy Alignment Committee (PAC) with the review, revision and consideration of new/updated HR related policies;
- Serve as the point person for SMEs regarding HR policies revisions;
- Oversee the HRLT approval process;
- Ensure all updated and approved policies are posted in a timely manner;
- Respond to inquiry escalations from the HR Front Desk re: policy interpretation;
- Lead in the policy review and harmonization as part of M & A due diligence;
- Serve as point of contact on governance matters;
- Develop and/or facilitate positive employee relations training as necessary;
- Liaison for divisions and Legal regarding organizational level employee and labor relations topics and/or the evaluation of educational/training needs;
- Manage partnership relationships with external vendors;
- Design training materials and program for positive employee relations;
- Host and facilitate bi-monthly meetings with the HRBP community around relevant positive employee and labor relations topics.
- Investigate Level 2 employee relations concerns reported to the team for assigned clients. Provide guidance to the HRBP community on the handling of Level 1 investigations; handle Level 1 overflow;
- Manage the communication flow throughout the investigation process with the HRBP/line manager;
- Provide coaching, guidance, recommendations, /resolution options to the HRBPs and line managers regarding employee relations matters. Provide counseling and advice around best practices, HR policy and processes to ensure fair and consistent application;
- Document findings and conclusions in written, close out reports;
- Align recommendations with HRBPs around appropriate corrective action and/or resolution in accordance with company policy in a timely manner;
- Lead the development, review and documentation of procedures to enhance and streamline processes and ensure compliance with related regulatory requirements;
- Partner with the HR team to educate managers and appropriate staff;
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, local employment laws and regulations;
- Ad hoc Projects Drive and/or participate in assigned projects as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.A./ B.S. in Business Management, or a related field; with a minimum of minimum of 10+ years of transferable experience in an HR business environment or; MA with 8+ years of relevant experience; or JD with 5+ years of relevant experience;
- All candidates must possess a minimum of 4 years of full-scale internal investigations experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a priority in SharePoint, Excel and Access;
- Comfortable working in Tracking Systems;
- Project management skills managing small to mid-scale projects, and participating in large scale projects;
- Effective with change management and leadership development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR Processes, programs, policies, and systems and the ability to communicate effectively to employees and management;
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
**This position can be based out of Whippany, NJ or St. Louis (Creve Coeur), MO**
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: New Jersey
Reference Code: 151123
Functional Area: Human Resources
Entry Level : Professional