Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
- Demonstrate ability and working knowledge to conduct and complete maintenance on company facilities and equipment across the warehouse, plant and field;
- Maintain an active inventory of parts, supplies and tools to complete needed repairs and meet availability expectations;
- Coordinate and schedule service / maintenance work;
- Conduct and complete maintenance on company facilities and equipment;
- Maintain company facilities and equipment to enhance value, usefulness, and provide a safe working environment;
- Be responsible for needs assessment and compliance with all applicable hazardous work permits, including but not limited to;
- Lock out Tag Out (LOTO), line breaking, fall protection, confined space and atmospheric monitoring;
- Maintain accurate records for all equipment and facility maintenance activities performed, leveraging internal IT systems (Maintenance Connection);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to company’s HSE Environmental Safety and Health and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Report any issues to areas, Safety technicians, and management as appropriate and in a timely manner;
- Perform any other tasks across functional areas depending on site and seasonal needs;
- Help drive waste elimination and value creation by reducing variation in the production process and equipment settings;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with the labelling and ordering of tools;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over;
- Become familiar with and troubleshoot seed production equipment (when applicable) operations;
- Operate seed production processes from time to time.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems);
- Valid Drivers’ License, in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre- employment screening;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed);
- Ability to work days, nights, rotating shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs require.
- Intermediate computer skills with experience using of SAP and PLC;
- At least three to five years of manufacturing experience, with experience in chemical or row crop manufacturing.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 473461
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter