Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
- Be involved in all facets of routine and preventive maintenance at our sites;
- Support ongoing continuous improvement efforts related to plant productivity and efficiency;
- Be a key member of our team enhancing the safety, value and usefulness of our facilities and equipment;
- Inspect the machinery and equipment performance to critical contribute to the overall success of our company through timely, efficient, and high-quality product delivery;
- Work closely with and support other on-site personnel in an effort to consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability;
- Actively participate in our environmental safety health program;
- Organize, schedule and complete routine and preventative maintenance for onsite equipment;
- Operate equipment (when applicable) during seasonal peak periods;
- Work with other groups within the company to develop consistency and cost savings;
- Become familiar with systems and diagnose issues related to equipment involved with seed corn production;
- Identify, develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver's license;
- Ability to learn and use computer-based control systems and handheld data control devices;
- Ability to be on call as seasonal workloads demand;
- Ability to thrive in a team-based work environment.
- Three or more years of preventive maintenance skills in an industrial setting;
- Advanced training in trade school / college;
- Welding and fabrication skills;
- Experience with maintenance of automated systems.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 169683
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter