Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Maintenance Prod Seed Tech
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Product Seed Technician, are to:
- Provide services to maintain and repair all field production equipment and machinery in the Site, including but limited to, tractors, planters, sprayers, harvesters, dryers, combines, trailers;
- Provide services to weld and fabricate equipment according to MOC, HSE and local regulations;
- Operate site equipment including but not limited to, forklifts, washers, dryers, tractors, planters, harvesters, threshers, equipment to apply PGR’s and pesticides;
- Ensure attendance and compliance with all HSE trainings performed by the local HSE and/or Site leadership.
- Conduct quality improvement activities such as rouging and flower counting;
- Conduct quality checks and inspections on growing crops;
- Lead rouging crews and supervise daily activities to assure quality work is accomplished;
- Be able to support field production operations in field and plant;
- Be responsible for training production workers (labor crew) and other maintenance personnel;
- Ensure that timely visit of crops at all stages of crop cycle to monitor crop development;
- Discuss findings with Field Representatives and Production Lead;
- Support mainly the USSC Area, but also support other Sites as requested by the Production department in terms of repair, maintenance and fabrication;
- Follow Bayer and local Site guidance to be compliant in our operations, including HSE, Human Rights, Business conduct, QMS, and SOX.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High school diploma, or equivalent;
- Welding and fabrication skills;
- Excellent human relation skills, effective communication skills;
- Customer Focus and Collaboration;
- Process Oriented and Results Orientated;
- Instill Trusts, Courage and Candor;
- Communication Skills, ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical and procedure manuals;
- Ability to track and store maintenance information;
- Valid State Driver's license;
- Forklift Certification;
- Travel availability.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: San Juan Bautista
Reference Code: 338662
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional