Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Maintenance Mechanic B
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Mechanical B, are to:
- Perform scheduled predictive and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and project support of mechanical equipment;
- Be responsible for performing daily maintenance work schedule attainment, data recording and reporting of work orders;
- Be responsible for the accuracy of Mechanical PM procedures and providing feedback to the document owner;
- Be responsible for compliance with all Bayer Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices), data recording and reporting of work orders;
- Communicate with all departments to schedule and follow-up on activities;
- Support and comply with Bayer Berkeley's commitment to health, safety and environmental protection initiatives and programs;
- Take part in safety meetings as required and advises relevant personnel (e.g. supervisor, etc.) of any non-conforming conditions.
CBYA - All Maintenance Mechanical B tasks and responsibilities, plus:
- Perform PM’s for water systems, neutralization systems, various skids (Chromatography, CIP, SIP, In-Line Dilution, MA, etc.) and sterilizers;
- Be proficient on performing work for WFI, Clean Steam, Waste Treatment and Production Skids;
- Be responsible for providing equipment reliability feedback, such as notification damage codes and logbook entries for issues and/or adverse
- Interact with Reliability Group, Plant Engineer, Project Management group, or other technical system owners to provide expertise and/or input on specific electrical related inquires, issues and/or adverse trends in support of site systems and installations.
CBYSR - All Maintenance Mechanical A tasks and responsibilities, plus:
- Perform pre-task plan and JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis);
- Provide support to Project Management group installations and inquiries for expertise;
- Interface with maintenance scheduler and provide (Mechanical) craft support for troubleshooting and repairs of equipment;
- Train and share knowledge with peer mechanics;
- Possesses excellent skills in troubleshooting, the use of procedures and a variety of test equipment;
- Other related duties as assigned;
- Be able to assist with the following "all craft" maintenance tasks:
- Change valve diaphragms (non-feedback valves;
- Support functional checks and calibration readings;
- The mechanical portion of control valves (diaphragm and bonnet)
- Support HVAC/R such as filter changes and taking reading for magnehelic gauges and read A/H air flows and filter d/p’s off of control panels;
- Rig (≤500 lbs.);
- Safety monitoring for PM’s/CAL’s (example: door watch for freezer work);
- Replace Sanitary piping gaskets for non-calibrations;
- Investigate and report/repair issues (leaks, alarms, etc.).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least three years of industrial maintenance experience OR completion of technical school / accredited two-year program OR applicable military experience with at least two years of field experience;
- Thorough understanding of Process Control Systems (PSC), Distributed Control System (DCS), and Building Automation System (BAS);
- Able to read and understand P&ID diagrams, simple electrical diagrams, operating instructions, and standard operating procedure (SOP);
- Ability to operate or learn to operate a forklift, scissor-lift, JLG;
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low-temperature liquids, high-pressure liquids and gasses, steam and moving machinery;
- General knowledge of shop tools and safe operation;
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English in order to understand written and verbal instructions, SOP’s, etc.;
- Follow directions, written or verbal;
- Acceptable attendance and performance;
- Work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required (including 10-hour shifts as needed);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Work independently and self-directed with minimal supervision;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to demonstrate good record-keeping practices;
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot, use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations;
- Computer skills, use of laptop, tablet, HMI, PLC including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, MODA;
- Able to lift up to ≤50 lbs. and push/pull up to ≤350 lbs with assistance;
- Able to withstand frequent repetitive movement, stooping, crouching, kneeling, climbing (ladders), and sitting;
- Able to wear protective clothing (PPE) as needed;
- Able to work at heights, around moving machinery with exposure to noise, vibration, dust and drafts;
- Able to identify color-coded labels;
- Able to pass an eye exam which includes testing for near vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus;
- Meet Occupational Demands/Physical Requirement checklist.
- Proficient knowledge of other trades (Instrumentation, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC/R);
- SAP experience;
- Hepatitis B vaccine.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 379049
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional