Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Manager, are to:
- Manage direct reports through motivation, recognition, leadership and employee development and administration;
- Facilitate an atmosphere of teamwork and inclusion;
- Provide overall direction for Preventive Maintenance program, maintenance activities across facilities, special projects and agriculture equipment;
- Schedule, prioritize and assign of maintenance activities across multiple locations and functions;
- Lead Daily Operations Reviews (DOR) with Shift Leads, taking local VM board components and applying them to the site leadership level to meet daily production requirements;
- Drive operational improvements, metrics tracking and implementation of best practices through team members and along with peers using Bayer Maintenance Connection software;
- Represent and contribute to the site’s involvement in community outreach;
- Work in adherence of team rules and regulations as well as Bayer HSE and ISO initiatives and objectives to ensure worker safety and compliance;
- Establish and support the use of maintenance software systems enabling the tracking of activities and downtime related to equipment availability;
- Support problem-solving and improvement projects initiated through various methods including OEE analysis, 5S, DDS (Daily Direction Setting), gap analysis (5 WHY’s) and facilitate implementation;
- Support compliance with Global Stewardship and Corporate Quality Management procedures and policies in addition to Crop and site specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of experience in a manufacturing, agriculture, engineering, maintenance and/or technical environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead people managers and their teams;
- Results oriented leadership approach;
- Experience with maintenance software and tracking systems;
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications;
- Have the ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment;
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Microsoft Office and Computer software proficiency.
- Valid Driver's License
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 247323
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional