Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
- Perform assigned tasks, repairs, and services in a timely, efficient, and professional manner;
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance;
- Maintain accurate and timely service records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Read, understand, and follow technical service manuals;
- Adherence to company's HSE and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) standards including all OSHA requirements;
- Participate in Daily Direction setting (DDS) meetings;
- Alert senior technicians and leadership as needed when non-conformities in product or process variance occur;
- Engage in continuous improvement programs;
- Identify opportunities to improve performance in accordance with production site and company goals;
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or Global Early Development;
- Valid Hawaii Driver's License and site-specific requirement such as CDL in Molokai site;
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds, work in and outdoors, and walk on uneven surfaces;
- Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak seasons including weekends;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Results oriented and good time management skills;
- Ability to work effectively alone, with people individually, or in a team to achieve results;
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use information technology systems and applications (computer skills);
- Ability to learn to operate agriculture equipment in order to diagnose and repair breakdowns;
- Basic understanding of vehicle/equipment systems;
- Ability to learn, operate, and understand farm specific equipment in order to complete repairs (seed processing equipment, compressors, irrigation pumps, filter stations, etc.);
- Ability to learn general construction practices (painting, air conditioning, drywall, concrete, electrical, plumbing, etc.);
- Ability to learn, operate, and understand vehicle/farm equipment systems diagnostics, maintenance and repair (tractors, mowers, harvesters, backhoe, bulldozer, sprayers, etc.);
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in the repair of Agriculture Equipment (tractors, harvesters, implements, etc.);
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience in setting up CMMS systems;
- Valid Hawaii Class A or B license or CDL.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 271484
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional