Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Maint Mech B/Inst
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Technician, are to:
- Perform scheduled predictive and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and project support of instrumentation equipment;
- Be responsible for performing daily maintenance work schedule attainment, data recording and reporting of work orders;
- Be responsible for assessing the accuracy of instrumentation procedures and providing feedback to the document owner;
- Perform calibrations on various instrumentation;
- Perform all work in accordance with NFPA 70E requirements;
- Support and comply with Bayer Berkeley's commitment to health, safety and environmental protection initiatives and programs;
- Take part in safety meetings as required and advise relevant personnel (e.g. supervisor, etc.) of any non-conforming conditions;
- Communicate with all departments to schedule and follow-up on activities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least three years of instrumentation maintenance experience or completion of technical school / accredited two-year program or applicable military experience and at least two years of field experience;
- Experience and competency with instrumentation systems and controls, including both electrical and pneumatic;
- Technical working knowledge of PCS (Process Control System) and electrical utilities;
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints and diagrams;
- Ability to operate or learn to operate a forklift, scissor-lift, JLG;
- General knowledge of shop tools and safe operation;
- Read, write, speak and comprehend English in order to understand written and verbal instructions, SOP’s, etc.;
- Follow directions, written or verbal;
- Acceptable attendance and performance;
- Work weekends, holidays and overtime as required (including 10-hour shifts as needed);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Work independently and self-directed with minimal supervision;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to demonstrate good record-keeping practices;
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot, use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations;
- Computer skills required, use of laptop, tablet, HMI, PLC required, including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, MODA.;
- Be able to lift up to ≤75 lbs. and push/pull up to ≤650 lbs. with assistance;
- Be able to withstand frequent repetitive movement, stooping, crouching, kneeling, climbing (ladders) and sitting;
- Be able to climb up to ≤30 feet and/or ≤3 stories;
- Be able to wear protective clothing (PPE) as required;
- Be able to work at heights, around moving machinery and with exposure to noise, vibration, dust and drafts;
- Be able to identify color-coded labels;
- Be able to pass an eye exam – includes testing for near vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus;
- Meet Occupational Demands/Physical Requirement checklist;
- Hepatitis B vaccine recommended.
- Proficient knowledge of other trades (Instrumentation, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC/R);
- SAP experience.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 366583
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional