Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Machine Shop Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Machine Shop Technician, are to:
- Be responsible for interpreting drawings, performing set-ups, programming, and machining a variety of materials using modern CNC Mills and Lathe machinery;
- Use of a table saw, band saw and electric sheer will also be performed on occasion;
- Be capable of holding tolerances and meeting surface finish requirements per drawing specifications;
- Be knowledgeable of speeds and feed rates for machining a variety of materials;
- Have strong communication and math skills are a necessity;
- Possess an impeccable work ethic and demonstrate pride in the parts produced, programming that is specific to our conversational CNC machinery may be provided utilizing Virtual Gibbs Machining Software (we understand that your experience may be with a different machine controller and that a reasonable ramping-up period is to be expected, our general machine work is typically plastic, brass and aluminum production parts used during the assembly of our products, and small scale custom parts for a variety of internal Test and Assembly fixtures).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School degree or equivalent;
- At least three years of machining experience;
- Read and interpret Mechanical Drawings;
- Able to use micrometers, electronic calipers and similar tools/equipment.
- Associate's / Journey man’s degree or two year trade/military school;
- Knowledge of Virtual Gibbs Machining Software.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Pittsburgh Heilman
Reference Code: 490081
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Professional