Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Logistics and Scheduling Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Distribution and Logistics, are to:
- Lead teams to ensure employees and third parties’ compliance with company’s policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements;
- Set goals and establish KPIs, ensuring that they are in accordance with customers’ requirements and the company’s policies and strategies;
- Provide career planning and development for site’s Logistics and Scheduling team;
- Maximize the productivity of the supply chain process to look for opportunities to continuously improve the site supply chain processes and reduce the overall transaction cost;
- Prepare a challenging budget for Logistics and track the cost elements and drive effective cost management programs;
- Design and lead the implementation of logistics’ improvement models/projects;
- Take action to forecast and prevent inventory issues or to escalate and communicate them well in advance;
- Implement strategies to manage inventory issues with limited impact to customers;
- Coordinate and collaborate with Production to optimize demand and supply situation on ongoing basis;
- Lead the inventory management efforts by setting up sound processes to track and report inventory flow;
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external customers, including the Corporate Procurement team, aligning and integrating supply chain processes with other departments’ processes, following the company’s strategies, to achieve the company’s major goals;
- Ensure safety in Logistics operations and drive safety awareness programs to vendors and service providers.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field with at least seven years of experience OR M.B.A or Master of Science with at least five years of track record in a manufacturing/supply chain organization, with at least two years of people management experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Production Scheduling Processes in Chemical Manufacturing Plants and knowledge of Logistics Operations (Railroads, Ocean, Inland Waterway, Truck and Storage) Bulk Liquid Operations;
- Familiarity with rules and regulations surrounding the transportation and warehousing of dangerous goods;
- Strong leadership and ability to network, collaborate and influence diverse groups and cross functional teams;
- Proficiency in SAP, Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge in process improvement (Lean,6 Sigma,etc)
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: New Orleans
Reference Code: 179124
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management
Entry Level : Job Starter