Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lead Packaging Trainer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Lead Packaging Trainer, are to:
- Train new and existing packaging operators in daily operator tasks;
- Lead, coordinate, and continuously improve department orientation processes;
- Deliver On-Job-Training (OJT) program;
- Coordinate OJT by ensuring line or area trainer resources are in place to provide hip on hip training through qualification;
- Develop formal OJT learning plans, ensure training tools/documentation/LMS activity is prepared and introduced, facilitate OJT kickoff meeting, schedule and participate in biweekly training feedback meetings and support OJT program through completion;
- Evaluate trainees learning and performance throughout training periods;
- Advocate for employee training, learning and development as your number one priority;
- Participate in production area staff and level meetings, leading training conversations, raising training concerns, understanding training needs to recommend future training within the department;
- Coordinate and/or deliver department specific internal or external training activities on any necessary topic, including, but not limited to Training progress/initiatives, Quality/ Certified Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), HSES, MHE, Systems (SAP, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), LMS, other), Operational Excellence (OE), New equipment, Technical training or hard skill development;
- Design, develop and deliver technical training modules/courses in GMP areas and in office/classroom environments;
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of department training matrix, assist in the development and maintenance of training Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Collect feedback and analyze data in support of training program evaluation and continuous improvement;
- Maintain Associate Technician skills to stay current with changes within the department;
- Perform other duties as trained and assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least five years of experience in a government regulated, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or standard operating procedures (SOP) environment;
- At least six months of experience using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment and at least one year of experience using automated inventory system or equivalent computer systems;
- A demonstrated ability to successfully teach, train and facilitate another person’s learning in a manufacturing or packaging area;
- Mechanical aptitude with demonstrated ability in changeover execution, preventative maintenance, mechanical/equipment troubleshooting and problem-solving skills through job experience or education;
- A demonstrated ability to direct, coordinate and deliver learning and development processes;
- Knowledge of training and development and basic adult learning principles;
- A demonstrated ability to act as an agent for positive change and to influence and provide direction without positional authority;
- A demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources and make appropriate recommendations based on factual information in appropriate problem solving and decision making areas as well as for gaining the trust of employees;
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized under periods of change;
- The ability to communicate in a positive, succinct, and factual manner, both verbally and in writing;
- A high level of teaming and collaboration skills as well as interpersonal maturity;
- Possess skills working with Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- Be willing to work overtime as required, based on production and training demands.
- Associate’s degree in Technical trade, Business, Communications or Science field;
- At least three years of experience working in a training and development related role in a manufacturing or packaging area, e.g. trainer on a line team;
- SAP and MES skills;
- Cross functionally trained and qualified in multiple manufacturing areas or packaging lines.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 422783
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional