Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Laboratory Technician, are to:
- Determine conformance to accepted specifications for a particular chemical or physical property;
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures;
- Perform troubleshooting and calibration of instruments;
- Prepare reagents, solutions, and standards;
- Maintain instruments and apparatus according to established procedures to support testing activities of the unit;
- Interpret and modify chromatograms, as well as integration appropriately;
- Interpret results based on trends, specification limits and comparison data;
- Conduct lab analyses and communicate with customers in a professional environment.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Associate degree (AA) in Chemistry or related scientific field;
- 15 of hours college Chemistry credit or other directly relevant college course credit;
- Math skills necessary to perform analytical calculations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree;
- One to three years analytical lab experience in a manufacturing environment for the position;
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques and instrumentation;
- Experience in a laboratory using chromatographic instruments;
- Skills and working knowledge of High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ion Chromatography (IC), Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy (GC/MS), or LC/MS systems;
- Basic knowledge of CDS/LIMS computer systems is preferred;
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques and instrumentation.
**Anticipated start date for this poisition is June, 2020**
Location: New Orleans
Reference Code: 90825
Functional Area: Quality
Entry Level : Professional