Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lab Analyst II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Lab Analyst II, are to:
- Prepare, evaluate and record timely and accurately seed analyses;
- Complete the testing processes ensuring process control, accurate data management, timely escalation of problem solving and error correction under the direction of Lab Operations Managers and/or Lab Coordinators;
- Troubleshoot effectively testing processes and ensure appropriate error resolution;
- Aid in training new Lab Analysts and participate in review of training materials;
- Be able to learn and apply scientific methods and non-routine techniques for analysis as directed by protocols and work instructions to deliver quality results which may include preparation of reagents, media, controls and sample preparation;
- Participate and/or lead in Management of Change process and updates of testing protocols and work instructions;
- Work independently within a team environment to ensure all testing is conducted in compliance with Bayer ESH policies, Laboratory QMS, protocols and Regulatory agency requirements;
- Provide oversight and task related feedback to contingent labor;
- Maintain reagents and consumables to required inventory levels;
- Participate and/or lead in special projects / teams;
- Participate in a continuous improvement program focused on enhancing current processes and performing root cause analyses/troubleshooting of issues;
- Engage actively in onePSS programs and initiatives;
- Participate in Bayer’s ESH safety program and cross-site projects/initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with at least two years of lab experience or Bachelor’s degree;
- At least five years of lab experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Do you have a Valid drivers’ license (in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers – MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening);
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 422782
Functional Area: Quality
Entry Level : Job Starter