Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lab Analyst I
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Laboratory Analyst I, are to:
- Give timely, accurate preparation, evaluation, and recording of seed analyses;
- Complete the testing processes ensuring process control, accurate data management, timely escalation of problem solving, and error correction, under the direction of Lab Operations Managers and/or Lab Coordinators;
- Have the ability to learn and apply scientific methods and non-routine techniques for analysis as directed by protocols and work instructions to deliver quality results - which include preparation of reagents, media, controls and sample preparation;
- Work independently within a team environment to ensure all testing is conducted in compliance with Bayer ESH policies, Laboratory QMS and protocols, and Regulatory agency requirements;
- Provide oversight and task related feedback to contingent labor;
- Maintain reagents and consumables to required inventory levels;
- Participate in a continuous improvement program focused on enhancing current processes and performing root cause analyses/troubleshooting of issues;
- Participate in Bayer’s ESH safety program and cross-site projects/initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Associate’s degree;
- Strong knowledge of basic laboratory techniques;
- Fluent in English with the ability to read, write, and speak effectively;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work as a team member and effectively communicate within a multicultural environment;
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask in a high throughput environment;
- Change in shift hours;
- Weekend and overtime work as required.
- At least three years of lab experience can be a substitute for education requirement.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 481481
Functional Area: Quality
Entry Level : Job Starter