At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Kansas City Industrial Hygiene Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, (Kansas City Industrial Hygiene Intern), are to:
- Assist with various health and safety including industrial hygiene projects based on site specific needs to ensure site compliance with regulatory standards;
- Promote safety standards to increase workplace safety;
- Collect air, vapors, gases, or dust samples for analysis;
- Prepare sample shipments for laboratory analysis;
- Evaluate areas for safety compliance;
- Assist groups in safety related concerns and apply regulatory standards (PELs, TLVs, etc.);
- Report findings along with any recommendations to eliminate and control safety and health hazards;
- Collect industrial hygiene data and assimilate reports with the recommended path forward;
- Ability to present data, as well as regulatory information within meetings attended by plant personnel up to and including Site Manager;
- Become familiar with current industrial hygiene equipment and software;
- Collaborate in a chemical environment with 24/7 operation, coinciding with shiftwork.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Full time student currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university majoring in an appropriate Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or other closely related field;
- Successfully completed sophomore year or higher with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 prior to start date;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and physically willing and able to climb stairs and ladders;
- Willingness to work in a chemical plant environment.
Colorado Jobs: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Other benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.. The salary (or range) displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role, and may vary based on market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: employees can expect to be paid a salary of approximately $____ (or between $_____ to $_____). Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc. This salary (or salary range) is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Kansas City|