Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Intellectual Property Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Intellecutal Propety Scientist, are to:
- Proactively identify patentable inventions and monitor research progress through review, evaluation and prioritization of internal research projects;
- Conduct timely FTO (Freedom to Operate) evaluations by conducting searches of patent and scientific literature and initiate reviews of competitive filings to assess IP (Intellectual Property) landscape;
- Coordinate interactions among scientists and legal department;
- Manage our existing patent portfolio;
- Draft patent applications according to business needs and priorities;
- Provide support to patent preparation and prosecution;
- Provide training and support for intellectual property processes and strategy;
- Manage IP (Intellectual Property) clearance for external presentations, publications, collaboration sharing, and material transfers.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD or Master’s degree with 3+ years of research experience or PhD in Engineering, Crop Physiology, Plant Breeding, Biology, Genetics or another related scientific field of study;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must be independently motivated to succeed and measure success on a team level;
- Ability to work closely with diverse teams with varying priorities to coordinate work flow and drive it to its conclusion;
- Ability to clearly express complex scientific concepts in written and oral presentation formats;
- Ability to work and deliver under stringent timelines;
- Critical thinking and attention to detail;
- Project management experience;
- USPTO (United States Patent Trademark Office) Patent Bar a plus;
- Ability to travel 5%.
Position may be available for relocation.
Reference Code: 66712
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Professional