Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Industrial Chemist Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Industrial Chemist Intern, are to:
- Work closely with current industrial chemist to define projects, troubleshoot process chemistry issues, and communicate findings and results on a regular basis;
- Comply with Site safety rules and actively work to improve lab safety;
- Proactively identify possible safety hazards associated with individual experimental design;
- Work with industrial chemist and industrial hygiene to reduce or eliminate associated hazards;
- Monitor and analyze operating data from the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting);
- Assist with the development of various project scopes;
- Assist production personnel (engineers and technicians) in troubleshooting and correcting problems related to yields, capacity, quality, environmental compliance and/or safety;
- Have working knowledge of analytical chemistry to effectively analyze and apply data to working projects;
- Present on major project findings or updates in an oral or report style presentation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment in a bachelor's or master's chemistry degree program;
- Successfully completed junior year or higher and returning to school upon completion of intern or co-op assignment;
- At least one year of research experience in an organic chemistry lab;
- Ability to commute daily to and from work location in Muscatine, IA;
- Willingness to work in a chemical plant environment;
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and physically willing and able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 228821
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology
Entry Level : Student