Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, HSE Technician, are to:
- Working both with site management and Environmental, Safety and Health (HSE) staff to achieve desired HSE goals of the site.
- Through leadership of all HSE required safety programs at site the effective employee will balance site observations, auditing, and employee coaching in day-to-day activities with documentation and development of site training and improvement areas.
- Prepare and retain training documents, job safety analyses, and other documents related to site safety activities as required by site management and HSE staff.
- With site management involvement, develop cost effective structure to achieve site HSE goals.
- Possess ability to present training programs in a manner that creates employee involvement.
- Attend additional educational training as required.
- Performs other HSE duties as directed by Site Manager.
- Plant work may require Technician to work different shifts during the peak of our season
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed) and have a valid drivers license
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic Knowledge of IT (Internet, PowerPoint, Word)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed)
- Advanced education including technical, associates or bachelor’s in Environmental, Safety or Health
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of HSE, OSHA regulations and seed production process is a plus
Reference Code: 65916
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management
Entry Level : Job Starter