Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health Safety Environment Technician, are to:
- Drive awareness, ownership and accountability of the Health Safety Environment (HSE) program at the site;
- Work with site management and HSE staff to achieve desired goals of the site;
- Maintain HSE programs at the site;
- Conduct inspections and audits of site as required and participate in seed site safety network as required by site management and HSE personnel;
- Prepare and retain training documents, job safety analyses and other documents related to site safety activities as required by site management and HSE staff;
- Develop cost effective structure to achieve site HSE goals, with site management involvement;
- Conduct HSE training programs in a manner that creates employee engagement;
- Attend additional educational training as required;
- Lead to work different shifts during the peak of our season;
- Maintain HSE recordkeeping systems required to document compliance with all Bayer and legal requirements;
- Work with HSE Specialist, Corporate Environmental Affairs and Global Engineering to evaluate and prepare air permit applications and/or exemption records for new and changing processes;
- Utilize a risk analysis process to evaluate new and changing processes and the effectiveness of existing requirements;
- Perform other HSE duties as directed by Site Manager, this is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job requirements;
- Assist with incident investigations.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least one year of relevant experience to include knowledge of applicable government regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.) or B.A. or B.S. in related field with relevant experience;
- Computer skills to include working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Demonstrated communication skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence or persuade others through oral or written means;
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and problem-solving skills;
- Detail-orientated and the ability to work on multiple projects with a sense of urgency;
- Capability to work as an integral team member with site management, ESH staff and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience in hazard recognition, BBS, hotwork permits and confined space permits.
- Valid Driver License
- Bi-lingual skills and seed production processes;
- ASP or CSP certifications;
- OSHA 30-hour General Industry course;
- Experience in risk analysis techniques.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 250361
Functional Area: Sustainability, Health, Safety, Environment
Entry Level : Professional