Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health Safety and Environment Intern, are to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of site Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) programs and initiatives;
- Provide technical oversight and review of site HSES procedures and training documents;
- Perform annual Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) assessment reviews;
- Perform annual Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) reviews;
- Perform annual Lockout Tagout (LOTO) procedure reviews;
- Verify site chemical inventory and appropriate Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are on file;
- Participate in risk assessments, emergency response events, and inspections;
- Assist with incident investigations, as well as develop corrective actions/preventive actions;
- Perform inspections and audits to evaluate HSES compliance with applicable regulations;
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree program in Environmental Studies, Industrial Safety, Public Health, Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, or a related field;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 448121
Functional Area: Sustainability, Health, Safety, Environment
Entry Level : Student