Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Health, Safety, Environmental Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health, Safety, Environmental Technician, are to:
- Coordinate and maintain the site Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Program, by conducting regular trainings and audits, provide solutions for safety issues in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Maintain accurate records for safety activities performed, leveraging internal systems;
- Conduct incident analysis using root cause analysis;
- Maintain and complete all compliance reporting obligations, including regulatory permits;
- Develop operational knowledge and functional understanding of at least 2 key operational areas across the warehouse, plant and field;
- Participate in DDS meetings and follow through on safety-related issues. Support areas across the plant to drive the adoption of 5S and use focused improvement techniques to contribute to the improvement of processes and site safety program;
- Develop best practices and share within the Safety Network.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma;
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence or persuade others through oral or written means;
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and problem-solving skills;
- Results driven/detail-orientated and the ability to work with a sense of urgency;
- Capability to work with site management, HSE Staff and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- At least two years of college in Environmental, Safety or Health or Bachelor's degree in an area related to Environmental, Safety or Health;
- Working knowledge of HSE, OSHA regulations, bilingual skills, and seed production processes.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Redwood Falls
Reference Code: 465283
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter