Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Health Safety & environmental Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health Safety and environmental Technician, are to:
- Display working knowledge of warehouse, plant and field operations;
- Promote an environment that continuously meets and improves established Bayer’s (HSE) Health, Safety and Environment manufacturing fundamentals;
- Lead the site HSE Safety Program and drive employee engagement, through safety projects and new initiatives and timely reporting of safety issues;
- Promote continuous improvement of site safety culture through visible leadership;
- Drive employee engagement by creating internal audit opportunities with visible corrective action tracking;
- Develop operational (hands-on) knowledge and functional understanding of at least three key operational areas across the warehouse, plant and field;
- Engage as chair of at least one of the Safety committees (e.g., Off the Job Safety);
- Supervise less experienced Safety technicians and coach employees across the site on basic safety standards;
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous work permits and site environmental permits;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with the labeling and ordering of tools;
- Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHY’s) techniques to contribute to the improvement of processes and site safety program;
- Initiate periodic communication with HSE Generalist and Corporate HSE Team to ensure alignment;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over;
- Participate in DDS (Daily Direction Setting) meetings and follow through on safety-related issues.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least three years of applicable experience;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems);
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing, including overtime as needed
- Demonstrates knowledge of Bayer’s Functional standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Follows site policies, uses site resources responsibly and supports others in their work;
- Executes manufacturing processes to hit operational efficiency targets, identifies areas of improvement and implements solutions;
- Completes assigned tasks while continuously developing the technical skills required in his/her role;
- Understands how his/her role impacts the final product our customers and communities receive.
- Technical college diploma and/or related technical certification;
- Experience using of SAP and PLC.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
|Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.|
|Location:||United States : Illinois : Farmer City|