Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Health Safety Environment Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, HSE Technician, are to:
- Responsible for auditing of site as required by site management and HSE staff;
- Participate in seed site safety network as required;
- Prepare and retain training documents, job safety analyses, and other documents related to site safety activities as required by site management and HSE staff;
- With site management involvement, develop cost effective structure to achieve site HSE goals;
- Possess ability to present training programs in a manner that creates employee involvement;
- Attend additional educational training as required;
- Performs other HSE duties as directed by Site Manager. Plant work may require Technician to work different shifts during the peak of our season;
- Lead and have communication skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence or persuade others through oral or written means;
- Demonstrate decision-making ability and problem-solving skills;
- Results driven/detail-orientated and the ability to work with a sense of urgency. Capability to work with site management, HSE Staff and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma is required with 2 or more years of college desirable in Environmental, Safety or Health.
- Valid Driver's license
- Bachelor's Degree in an area related to Environmental, Safety or Health is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HSE,OSHA regulations, bilingual skills, and seed production processes are a plus.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 65923
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Professional