Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Health, Safety & Environment Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health, Safety and Environment Tech, are to:
- Promote an environment that continuously meets and improves established Bayer’s Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) manufacturing fundamentals;
- Lead the site HSE Safety Program and drive employee engagement, through safety projects and new initiatives, and timely reporting of safety issues • Promote continuous improvement of site safety culture through visible leadership;
- Drive employee engagement by creating internal audit opportunities with visible corrective action tracking;
- Develop operational (hands-on) knowledge and functional understanding of at least three key operational areas across the warehouse, plant and field;
- Engage as chair of at least one of the Safety committees (e.g., Off the Job Safety);
- Supervise less experienced Safety technicians and coach employees across the site on basic safety standards;
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous work permits and site environmental permits;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with the labeling and ordering of tools;
- Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHY’s) techniques to contribute to the improvement of processes and site safety program;
- Initiate periodic communication with HSE Generalist and Corporate HSE Team to ensure alignment;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information current on visual boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over;
- Participate in DDS (Daily Direction Setting) meetings and follow through on safety-related issues.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 3 years of applicable production, manufacturing, and HSE experience;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems).
- Technical college diploma and/or related technical certification;
- Experience using of SAP and PLC.
Reference Code: 48846
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing
Entry Level : Job Starter