Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Head of Scientific Program Management
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Head of Scientific Program Management, are to:
Sit on the leadership team of Analytics and Pipeline Design (APD) organization. APD is responsible for developing data science innovations in plant breeding across several areas including population development and advancement, phenomics, field operations & genomics;
- Lead the development, implementation, and ongoing program management and phase advancement for the key data science based initiatives in APD;
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional regional product development, global product design, and enabling teams to deploy and implement technologies developed in APD across the global breeding pipeline;
- Partner with other engineering teams internally and at enterprise level as needed to develop a strategy to deploy the data science models and insights developed in APD at scale and integrate them into existing products/platforms ;
- Lead the overall Intellectual Property Strategy and contribute to the development of the IP protection strategy for the Plant Breeding technology pipeline;
- Provide direct supervision of and managing the career development for a growing team of ~5-8;
- Serve as a liaison for external partnerships managing both the tactical and strategic aspects of the collaborations and work with APD to align these partnerships with internal strategies;
- Lead the development of mechanisms and metrics for the ongoing measurement of impact and improvement resulting from new APD technologies;
- Contribute member of global and regional initiative teams working on multiple Global Breeding strategy areas.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Genetics, Quantitative Genetics, Statistical Genetics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field with at least ten years of industry/academic experience OR Master’s degree (in areas listed above) with at least seven years of industry/academic experience OR Ph.D.(in areas listed above) with at least five years of industry/academic experience;
- An understanding of the concepts, tools, and methods used in data science modeling, software development life cycle, plant breeding;
- Independent, self-motivated, and creative with strategic supervision and be self-directed at a tactical and technical level;
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills, with the ability to evolve solution strategy based on research, data, and industry trends, and to work effectively in a team-based and cross-functional team environment;
- Ability to measure and effectively communicate the business value of different technical proposals and deliverables;
- Ability to lead and manage an effective team;
- Travel locally and internationally up to 10%.
Relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.|
|Location:||United States : Missouri : Chesterfield|