Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Head of Pipeline Enablement
The Head of Pipeline Enablement will lead a team of Pipeline Enablement Associates who will support vegetable breeding programs to ensure success in breeding line development nurseries and hybrid pipelines through collection of genotypic and phenotypic data, executing data curation and QC, and prepare data for pipeline advancements. This role will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of vegetable breeders, horticulture research specialists, and data scientists to deliver creative solutions to complex business problems using advanced field operations, equipment, analytics, and cutting-edge automation techniques. It will coordinate, align and prioritize activities across multiple vegetable breeding crops and programs located at the Woodland, California Bayer Vegetable Research Station.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Lead a team of Pipeline Enablement Associates and ensure drafting team goals, assessment of performances, and design of people strategy and development;
- Draft and review experimental protocols and ensure planning and execution with key partners to generate quality data for product advancement;
- Actively participate in managing breeding program components and participating in breeding activities, including aiding in selection and other activities as necessary by breeding team;
- Apply proper planning tools to manage tasks such as capacity request and management; calendarization of activities from planting to harvest, and tracking performance metrics;
- Build data pipelines and tools for extraction, curation and management of genomic, phenotypic and pipeline data;Assist in building dashboards and metrics for pipeline tracking;
- Identify and implement changes to create synergies in common workflows for improved accuracy, efficiency and alignment of improved protocols;
- Proactively identify opportunities to assist in improving established procedures, and lead troubleshooting activities through root cause analysis and troubleshooting techniques;
- Ensure compliance with Worker Protection Standards (WPS), as well as Bayer safety guidelines and housekeeping practices;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies and local governmental requirements.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Breeding, Biology, Horticulture or related field with at least seven years of experience in assisting breeding programs, data analysis or nursery design and management OR a Master of Science with at least five years of experience in assisting breeding programs, data analysis or nursery design and management;
- At least three years managing full-time employees or seasonal workers;
- Proven experience leading people and teams in providing daily operational direction to crews and team members;
- Proficiency in computer applications for Plant Breeding database management and data analysis, including predictive breeding;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to influence partners;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-based and cross-functional team environment;
- Passion to grow and willingness to be intellectually challenged; willingness to influence and inspire others.
Reference Code: 127341
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Entry Level : Job Starter