Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Genomics Data Scientist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Genomics Data Scientist, are to:
- Apply specialized bioinformatics expertise to gain insights from complex plant genomic data and accelerate our efforts on building analytics driven breeding pipeline;
- Contribute to the development of code, bioinformatic analyses pipelines, computational tools and databases for mining and visualizing large genomic data sets;
- Develop automated reference-based and pedigree-based imputation workflows to enable production level genomic prediction in vegetable crops;
- Perform independently statistical analysis, programming, predictive modeling and experimental design;
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner on delivering genome data science projects and data assets;
- Stay abreast of developments in academic research and public vegetable genomic resources and exploits these developments to improve internal genomic capabilities;
- Be accountable to ensure all reference genomic data are properly stored, catalogued and accessible within enterprise data systems and data repositories and to drive best practices for storage and retrieval of genomic data.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree with at least two years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience;
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Statistical Genetics or other related quantitative discipline;
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency in computational skills and experience using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages;
- Experience in analysis of whole genome sequence data and statistical methods/models applied to genetic, genomic and biological data;
- Strong communication competencies to include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise and actionable manner to extended team and small groups of key stakeholders;
- Highly collaborative and effective at building partnerships across functions and interdisciplinary teams.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Reference Code: 277281
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional