Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Formulation Scientist II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role,Scientist II - Formulation, are to:
- Leads sample preparation, testing and data analysis with problem solving of complex and extensive scope, optimize workflows, validate testing methods using multiple data sources, use specialized knowledge often found within Formulation Chemistry, offering a broad application of scientific principles and current literature to advance projects, experiments and/or process improvements;
- Be accountable for cross-functional work in multiple platforms/process areas, directly responsible for team meeting scheduling and organization of technical agenda;
- Conduct research and contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets, lead scientific and technical projects;
- Design, conduct and interpret complex experiments, develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals, primary author for scientific reports and effectively communicate research findings, assume project leadership and/or supervisory functions;
- Solve complex problems requiring original thinking and deductive reasoning and the application of scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments;
- Prioritize and coordinate work within a large team and provide training to contingent workforce, mentors team members by maintaining detailed record keeping and required documentation;
- Achieve commitment to safety and adherence to safety protocols and best practices;
- Design and analyze the results of a variety of experiments (such as DOE of complex mixture formulations) independently.
- Communicate and effectively interpret the results of experiments, cost/benefit analysis, and lab related issues to partners and key stakeholders;
- Demonstrate a sustained high level of technical skill and achievement, keep abreast of new science and technological development, and exploit them to continuously improve functional area capabilities, fosters team-based approach to research.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of relevant crop science formulations experience, or Master of Science degree with at least five years of relevant crop science formulations experience, or PhD with at least three years relevant crop science formulations experience;
- Strong chemistry/colloidal science/biology/fundamental engineering acumen with the ability to independently design experiments, analyze data and communicate results to stakeholders;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software;
- Understanding and aptitude for applying industry standard testing methodologies according to ASTM, API, ISO, etc.;
- Working knowledge of regulatory, engineering and design principles that lead to development, and optimization of local and global formulated products.
- Awareness of competitive landscape in the Crop Science area.