Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative Trainee
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Sales Trainee (FSRT) role is a full-time opportunity focused on training, development, and support of a sales territory and team. FSRTs will gain the skills and knowledge needed to manage a sales territory of their own when the training period concludes.
FSRTs will be paired with a mentor for personalized development of long-term career goals and to provide day-to-day feedback and coaching. This position will be located in a sales territory in the US, reporting to our Field Sales Trainee & Intern Lead.
This position will focus on either Seeds & Traits or Crop Protection and the FSRT is responsible for contributing to the success of their sales team, including growing market share and creating demand for Bayer products with retailers, dealers, and growers. FSRTs will belong to a cohort of other FSRTs with the same start date and role responsibilities.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative Trainee, are to:
- Serve as the main point of contact for a subset of dealers within assigned sales territory and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Show initiative and improvement in developing business acumen, selling skills, and product and portfolio knowledge;
- Collaborate with teammates to maximize services and sales to top growers and dealer/retailers, act as a knowledgeable business consultant, and plan for customer business needs;
- Focus on and develop in the following core competency areas: Customer Centricity, Product Portfolio and Agronomic Knowledge, Channel Management, Data Analytics and Digital Tools, and Sales Coaching, utilizing the iGROW tool for competency measurement;
- Learn and develop confidence in the sales process and cold calling;
- Following the guidance of their assigned mentor, FSRTs will contribute to the success of their sales team, including growing the market share of Bayer products in coordination with teammates;
- Implementing dealer business plans;
- Understanding product performance versus the competition;
- Effectively manage expenses and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Contribute to program execution and program fulfillment, including national and regional marketing initiatives;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, and administration;
- Travel approximately 60% within assigned sales territory and team geography. Company vehicle provided.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- No prior years of experience required;
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, oral, and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, and ability to drive results;
- Ability to receive and act upon feedback;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrate product, portfolio, and agronomic knowledge.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.|
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Division:||Crop Science||Reference Code||663241|
|Functional Area:||Commercial & Sales||Location:||United States : Residence Based : Residence Based|
|Employment Type:||Regular||Position Grade:||M03|
|Creve Coeur, MO||+1 888-473-1001, option #email@example.com|