Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative Trainee
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative Trainee, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod-mates;
- Follow the guidance of your mentor and trainer, learn, understand and assist in implementing dealer business plans;
- Serve as the main point of contact for to retailers and dealers and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Learn and understand product performance against the competition;
- Collaborate with pod-made FSRs, CBAs, and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage actively inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives;
- Manage effectively expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Show initiative in developing selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge;
- Contribute to program execution and program fulfillment, including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Partner successfully (with guidance) with pod-made FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as a knowledgeable business consultant for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Travel approximately 60% of worktime.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness and ability to drive results;
- Ability to receive and act upon feedback;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork;
- Ability to pass driving record background check such as moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc..
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
State: Residence Based
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 442846
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Job Starter