Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative III - Seminis Vegetable Seeds- Southwest AZ
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Seminis Vegetable Seed Field Sales Representative, you will be responsible for growing the market share of Bayer's crop protection & seed business within Southwest Arizona - specifically Yuma county. This position will create demand for Bayer vegetable, seed growth, crop protection, and seed products with retailers, dealers, and top growers, with responsibility for an annual target achievement within the territory and team.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod-mates;
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction and coordinate follow-ups with dealers that drive business results;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate Sales reps and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage actively inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives while anticipating demand and potential bottlenecks;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Develop and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Manage effectively expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Work independently to continuously expand selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge, while mentoring peers and teammates in these skills as well;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Take a leadership role in partnering with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as the business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Mentor proactively and coach earlier-in-career partenr Sales Reps;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Have availability to travel approximately 60%;
- Position requires driving for the company that will fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction and may require a CDL. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least six year of experience in Sales, Marketing, Account Management or Agriculture;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness and ability to drive results;
- Excellent business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time and territory management expertise;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork within a pod structure;
- Be able to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc;
- Possess a DOT Driver medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: Residence Based
Reference Code: 274001
Functional Area: Commercial & Sales
Entry Level : Professional