Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Field Sales Representative III - Channel Seed - Nebraska
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for Channel Seed you will be responsible for leveraging independent Channel Seedsman dealers to grow the market share of Bayer's Seed & Trait business in Nebraska including the following counties; Grant, Arthur, Keith, Perkins, Lincoln & Chase. In this position, you will create demand for Bayer Seed & Trait products by supporting our exclusive Channel Dealers (Seedsmen). This role will report to the local Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative Ill Seed, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod mates (other Bayer commercial employees in the same geography);
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management, and product line demand issues;
- Set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers that drive business results;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealers and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate Field Sales Representatives (FSRs), Customer Business Advisors (CBAs), and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage actively inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure the success of meeting business objectives while anticipating demand and potential bottlenecks;
- Gather, assimilate, and analyze the market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Develop and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned areas;
- Manage Effectively expenses, discretionary dollars, and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Work independently to continuously expand selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge, while mentoring peers and teammates in these skills as well;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment; including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Take a leadership role in partnering with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as a business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Mentor and coach earlier-in-career FSRs;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration, and resources management;
- Travel approximately 60%;
- Grow market share of Crop Protection/Seed and Trait business and create demand for seed growth, seed and trait, and chemistry within the territory.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree and at least six years of experience in sales, marketing, account management or agriculture or other education level and at least ten years of listed experience;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral, and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, and ability to drive results;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing, and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork;
- Drive for a company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, products, supplies, or equipment in a safe manner;
- Ability to pass driving record background (i.e. moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio, and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.|
|Location:||United States : Colorado : Residence Based || United States : Nebraska : Residence Based|